Michigan GAR posts

  • warner13genproj
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2011
      I am interested in seeing the records that might be available re the GAR posts. Especially the Williamston, Ingham, MI Eli Post. I seems to me that there could be photos of picnics and gatherings. My great-uncle was a member in the Eli post; his daughters were members of the Woodmen, or some such. All interest me in terms of history and photos. Where might I find such information?
    • heholcomb
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2011
        --- In Michigan_Veterans_of_the_US_Civil_War@yahoogroups.com,
        "warner13genproj" <warner13genproj@...> wrote:

        > I am interested in seeing the records that might be available re the
        GAR posts. Especially the Williamston, Ingham, MI Eli Post. I seems to
        me that there could be photos of picnics and gatherings. My great-uncle
        was a member in the Eli post; his daughters were members of the Woodmen,
        or some such. All interest me in terms of history and photos. Where
        might I find such information?

        MAYBE THIS WILL HELP. THE SONS OU UNION VETERANS OF THE CIVIL WAR HERE
        IN MICHIGAN HVE UPDATED A LOT OF THIS TYPE OF INFORMATION. SO CHECK OUT
        THERE WEV SITE. GOOD LUCK.

        HAROLD HOLCOMB