Re: [Overmyer_History_and_Genealogy] 72nd Ohio Volunteer Infantry

  • Leonard G. Overmyer III
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2007
      Thanks for the great link Mary!

      The Rutherford B. Hayes Museum has several images and
      transcripts of the Overmyer family in the U.S. Civil
      War. Also in our group "Files" links is a large Excel
      spreadsheet called "OVERHIST- Military Services.xls"
      which contains much data. If you click on the attached
      pages, there is a sheet about John & Simeon Overmyer's
      Civil War Summaries. Pan down to Simeon's to see a few
      notes about the 72nd Ohio.

      Also, a friend of mine, T.J. Johnston, wrote the
      historical fictional book "The Boys from Kalamazoo"
      which also features mention of the 72nd Ohio.
      http://www.tjjohnston.com/

      The book is also "on-line" at the Target store
      web-site. http://www.target.com/

      - Len Overmyer III
      http://www.geocities.com/OvermyerIII/

      http://www.rbhayes.org/hayes/manunews/display.asp?id=785&subj=manunews