Re: [Michigan Civil War Reenactors ] Preservation donations at Saline

  • Leonard G. Overmyer III
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2005
      A very significant goal! Some links that may be able
      to provide some assistance may include:
      http://suvcw.org/mi/deptmi.htm Sons of Union Vets
      http://www.cem.va.gov/ VA National Cemetery Admin.
      http://www.centeccast.com/ Veterans Flag Staffs (Best
      I've ever found)

      Hope these help,

      Len Overmyer III

      26th MI

      --- hapytral2001 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > Pat,
      > In answer to your question about donations. We are
      > hoping to start a fund to restore the headstones of
      the Civil War veterans that are buried in the
      cememtery across from the event location. These
      headstones are in great disrepair having been ignored
      for several years. Some of the headstones are broken,
      missing, and others need a good cleaning.
      There are soldiers from the 1st Mi. Inf., 3rd Mi.Inf.,
      4th Mi. Inf., 17th Mi. Inf., 20th Mi. Inf., 6th Mi.
      Hvy. Art., 4th Cav., 5th Cav., 7th Cav. a medical
      steward, and the Christian Commission buried there.
      You'll see the needs on sat.