HistoryNet Communique: Feb. 14, 2007

  • HistoryNet
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2007
      Communiqué Newsletter | February 14, 2007

      Featured Articles
      Subscribe & Save!

      For more great stories,
      subscribe to one of our magazines!
      Learn More >>

      HistoryNetShop Presents

      Smithsonian's
      Great Battles of the
      Civil War - 3 DVD Set

      This critically acclaimed television and video series is a sweeping and compelling look at the war's military, political and social history.
      Price: $69.95
      Free Shipping!
      Learn More>>
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      Iwo Jima:
      The Battle We Can't Forget
      Commemorative Issue

      World War II Magazine presents a special collector's edition about the battle of Iwo Jima.
      Price: $9.95
      Includes postage & handling
      Learn More>>
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      Order online or
      call 1-800-358-6327

      From Military History Magazine
      Alvin York and the Meuse-Argonne Offensive

      German records reveal the view from the receiving end of Corporal Alvin C. York's torrent of bullets on October 8, 1918 during World War I.

      From World War II Magazine
      Does Pointe du Hoc Still Matter?

      The discovery of a massive gun position at Maisy, France, has led one amateur historian to conclude that General Dwight D. Eisenhower deliberately sent the 2nd Ranger Battalion on a bloody, but unnecessary, mission on D-Day.

      What's New on the HistoryNet.com

      Photo Gallery
      Men Who Fought in America's Civil War

      View photos showing the diverse range of men who fought in America’s Civil War.

      From Civil War Times Magazine
      Burning High Bridge: The South's Last Hope

      The Army of Northern Virginia’s final opportunity to escape Grant’s net disappeared on the banks of the Appomattox -- along with the dream of a Confederate nation.

      From America's Civil War Magazine
      William H. Carney: 54th Massachusetts Soldier and First Black U.S. Medal of Honor Recipient
      William H. Carney’s grit at Fort Wagner earned him the distinction of being the first black soldier to receive the Medal of Honor.

      From American History Magazine
      Oklahoma's Deadliest Tornado
      Oklahoma’s deadliest twister devastated a town in 1947 and sent one family on a heartbreaking search.

      More Features on the HistoryNet.com

      - Play the Daily Quiz and win prizes!

      - Learn more about the historical events in Today in History.

      - Get a glimpse at the past with the Picture of the Day.

      - Read Wild West 's Magazine's blog.

      - Join our online forums to discuss history with other history enthusiasts!

      - Want to read more about history? Read over 1,000 articles from our magazines!

      Privacy Policy | Advertise | Contact Us
      Weider History Group, 741 Miller Drive SE, Suite D-2, Leesburg, VA 20175
      To unsubscribe from this list, click here.