210Re: Fwd: Civil War Film Shoot in Monroe

  • Coly
    Feb 19, 2009
      Hello to everyone here. I have just joined the group and was going
      through the messages and came across the filming of Norman Hall in the
      Civil War. Could someone tell me when this film be out. I am glad to
      hear they are doing a film on him because I believe he was one of the
      best brigade commanders in the war.

      --- In Michigan_Veterans_of_the_US_Civil_War@yahoogroups.com, Len
      Overmyer III <overmyerhistoricals@...> wrote:
      > FYI
      > Note: forwarded message attached.
      > The Monroe Historical Museums are proud to announce the next phase in
      > continuing partnership with the Monroe County Intermediate School
      > in regard to the filming of digital Virtual Field Trips for schools.
      > highly praised programs that premiered in Fall of 2007 featured
      > and Monroe's connection with the War of 1812. This Winter and Spring
      > will be recreating incidents in the life of Monroe Civil War hero
      > Hall.
      > Our first filming will take place on February 29th and March 1st at
      > oldest surviving log structure in Michigan, the Navarre-Anderson
      > Post. Filming will take place on both days and feature scenes from
      > Battle of Fredericksburg. Please bring an appropriate winter 1862
      > and equipage. In addition to crowd scenes, we will need a number of
      > individual first person vignettes, so if you are thus inclined, be
      > prepared to give a three to five minute presentation of your life as a
      > soldier or civilian and why you are involved with the campaign.
      > To those of you who are not living historians, please spread the word
      > help us continue to provide the finest living history programs
      > available to the educational community.
      > John Gibney, Director
      > Monroe County Historical Museums
      > River Raisin Battlefield