Re: Two new members...

  • 1sam16_7b@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2010
      Greetings to all...

      First of all, Tom - casting the stones is OK, but I believe that it was my Father that you remember. I spent many a night at his feet listening to the stories about he and Tom and Rick running up and down the stairs at the old Red Cross building in downtown GR at the GRARA meetings.. He let his call lapse and I picked it up - that must be where the confusion lies!

      OK, seriously folks, I've been licensed since around 1966-67 (originally WN8ALW) and as Tom mentioned I am retired from the FAA as of January of 2008, from the control tower at Kalamazoo where I spent the last 23 years of my Federal service. I have been inactive for quite a while, but am trying to ease back into the hobby. I recently became an ARRL VEC VE here in the Kalamazoo area and have renewed long inactive memberships in both the Southwest Michigan Amateur Radio Team and Kalamazoo Amateur Radio Clubs. I'm an Extra, live in Portage and have 3 other Hams in the family. My Mother, Pat WI8M, an Extra in Ada, and my sons Hollis, KB8JYB, also in Portage and Josh, KB8JZJ, in Kalamazoo, both Novices.

      I'm also interested in Photography and Metal Detecting AND Grandchildren! (all SEVEN of them!)I also have a daughter who is presently in Cape Town, South Africa at the University of Cape Town, and will be home at the end of June.

      Thanks for the Welcome, hope to see some of you at Hudsonville on the 5th...