Fox Hunt Practice Today.

  • Michel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2010
      OK, guys,

      The practice hunt is still on for today. The sun is out and it is a great day for a practice.

      AJ8W, Chuck, has asked that we repeat the first practice from last Tuesday's practice. Chuck is suggesting that all the lead paint in the old train station blocked the signal and what we followed was a signal bouncing off the recreation center.

      We will start by testing that theory.

      Meet at Gezon Park, on 52nd Street between Burlingame and Byron Center at 1:00 pm and we will give it a try.

      I will hide the foxbox sometime around 11:00 am if you want to practice on your own. The password will still be off, so you just need to send a DTMF 1 to start the 1 min on and 4 min off cycle.

      I will bring extra tape measure antennas with attenuators in the handles and extra BNC to SMA adapters for the cables.

      A reminder, May 18th is the next hunt at the Holland Club and June 5th
      is the hunt at the IRA Hamfest.

      Mike, W8DER

      Mike@...