Re: The Official Results -- The Holland Spring Kickoff Foxhunt -- 2010

  • Michel
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 21, 2010
      Thanks for coming Mike. You helped make the hunt a lot of fun.

      You also sent me back to the books. I am trying to locate anything about a Digital Scout. Google tells me it is something for keeping baseball Stats. Can you get me on the right track?

      Mike@...
    • kb8zgl
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 21, 2010
        Certainly... The Digital Scout is a freq. counter from Optoelectronics with a signal strength meter on it. It controls my Icom R-10 via reactive tuning, a lot of fun if you are somewhere with a lot of security or radios. It auto tunes the scanner right to the freq it catches and you can listen! It has squelch control. I intended to use it for a near signal strength meter, but the HT actually worked just as well once we got really close.

        If you want to read more, here is the info:
        http://www.optoelectronics.com/digitalscout.htm

        Mike
        kb8zgl