Re: [MichiganFoxHunter] The Official Results -- The Holland Spring Kickoff Foxhunt -- 2010

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 21, 2010
      GREAT STORY, MIKE.
      THANKS FOR PLAYING.

      There may be an other on May 18... stand by for details..

      and there WILL be one as part of the IRA Hamfest in Hudsonville
      (located about half way between GR and Holland) on the
      afternoon of June 5 - and there is no membership requirement
      for either of these either.

      ========================= James - K8JHR ===========

      On 4/21/2010 11:25 AM, Michael Wolthuis wrote:

      > My first fox hunt experience:
    • Michel
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 21, 2010
        Thanks for coming Mike. You helped make the hunt a lot of fun.

        You also sent me back to the books. I am trying to locate anything about a Digital Scout. Google tells me it is something for keeping baseball Stats. Can you get me on the right track?

        Mike@...
      • kb8zgl
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 21, 2010
          Certainly... The Digital Scout is a freq. counter from Optoelectronics with a signal strength meter on it. It controls my Icom R-10 via reactive tuning, a lot of fun if you are somewhere with a lot of security or radios. It auto tunes the scanner right to the freq it catches and you can listen! It has squelch control. I intended to use it for a near signal strength meter, but the HT actually worked just as well once we got really close.

          If you want to read more, here is the info:
          http://www.optoelectronics.com/digitalscout.htm

          Mike
          kb8zgl