Tally Ho! Fox Hunting Season is in Sight

  • Michel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2010

      Please  join us at the Holland Amateur Radio clubhouse for the:

      The Spring Kickoff Foxhunt - 2010

      Get the cobwebs off your RDF Gear and tune it up for the season.

      This Tuesday, April 20th, 7:00 PM

      All hams are welcome!

      The starting location for the hunters will be at the Holland ARC Clubhouse on 8th Avenue (near the train station).  Talk-in will be on the HARC repeater, 147.060.  (see map link below) Please be there plenty early to finalize teams and record your odometer reading.  The winner of this foxhunt will be in the car that finds the fox within the two hour limit and has the lowest odometer/trip reading.  The prize is the "praise and admiration of your peers" and the first option to be the fox for the next HARC hunt.  There is no entrance fee.

      The fox team for this hunt will be "Team Kent", comprised of James, K8JHR, and Chuck, AJ8W.  Yes, Team Kent won the last fox hunt!  We hope you will come, everyone is welcome.  We are hoping to have a  "Team Allegan" or "Team Kazoo" this year.

      Being the first hunt of the season, this will be a basic level hunt with no Doppler antennas allowed.  New to fox hunting?  Come on out and learn the fun way --- by doing it!  We will show you how.  It's great fun.

      Full rules are on the MichiganFoxHunter.com site and HollandARC.org site.  Hope to see you there.

      Questions, please contact Mike@... or ask on the MichiganFoxHunter Yahoo group.

      More information at:

      MichiganFoxHunter.Com

      MichiganFoxHunter Yahoo Group