cq100 sweepstakes invitation!

  • Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2009

      Trippy, ac8s here.

      I too, love contesting, and as an avid contester for 32 years, know a great contest when I see great participation in it!

      Well, here’s an opportunity for you to be in another contest.  It’s called the cq100 SweepStakes, which operates on a new mode, called cq100.

      See the contest announcement below, and I sure hope to work you in SweepStakes, the first weekend in January.

      Also, please forward this to every contester you know.

      take care,

      Sincerely,

      Trippy, ac8s

      the first annual cq100 sweepstakes

      sponsored by: Trippy Brown, ac8s

      If you’ve never participated in sweepstakes, you’re missing out on some serious fun!

      The wonderful thing is, in the cq100 sweepstakes, you won’t have splatter from neighboring stations, because of digital tuning.

      The goal of the cq100 sweepstakes is to make as many contacts as you can, work all 50 US states, all Canadian provinces, and all dx countries.

      However, you don’t have to do that.  Just get on, and have some fun, working stations for an hour, a couple hours, or, whatever amount of time you want to work the contest.

      Don’t sit this contest out, even if you never have been in a contest before.  Come on in, get your feet wet, the water is fine, so, get on the air and have some fun!  If you send in your log, great, if not, great too!

      starts 2300z or 6PM EST, Friday, January 1, 2010

      ends 0500z, or 12 midnight EST, Sunday, January 3, 2010

      classes: single op single station

      modes: CW, phone, or mixed.

      bands: the cq100 bands of 80, 75, 40, 20, 15, and 10 meters

      NOTE--Please do not use the following calling frequencies:

      14.200, the general calling frequency

      14.140, the Canadian calling frequency

      14.058, the cw calling frequency

      3.699, the Finnish calling frequency

      and 3.780, the Swiss calling frequency

      exchange: qso number, beginning with 001, and when you get to 10, you can type in just 2 digits all the way on up.  precedent, (the only precedent will be d for digital), your call sign, the check, that is the last 2 digits of the year you were first licensed, and your section (US stations, give your state.  Canadian stations, give your province.  dx stations your country.

      NOTE--the section must only be the 2 letter abbreviation of your state, province, or dx country. Example, Mi for Michigan, On for Ontario, and Au for Australia.

      work stations once per mode per band.

      to read about cq100, and to download the software, go to

      http://www.qsonet.com

      qso points: 1 point per qso, for example, 50 qsos equals 50 points.

      multipliers: there will be no multipliers.

      scoring: total number of qsos equals total qso points, for example, 500 qsos equals 500 points, we want this scoring easy for people to figure out.

      log format: can be in cabrillo, must be in plain text, or you may do your own log, using Word, or WordPad not excel.  You also can use logging programs, such as n3fjp, or n1mm software.

      Here’s an example of what must be included in each log.

      1.  your email address, so if you win, I can contact you.

      2.  your state, Canadian province, or dx country

      3.  the call sign you used during the contest

      4.  Anytime you switch bands, you must indicate that in your log.

      5.  If you switch modes, from phone to cw, or, from cw to phone, you must include that.

      The reason for this is, you don’t want dupes, (meaning duplicate stations worked on the same band or on the same mode on a particular band.

      7.  Here’s what each log entry needs to show:

      A.  the qso number you sent, from 1 through 9 it would be 001, etc., then from 10 up, just number 10, 11, 100, 1000, etc.

      B.  the call sign of the station you worked

      C.  your precedence you sent, and it’s always d, because it’s digital, no amount of watts.

      D.  the check you sent, which is the last 2 digits of the year you were first licensed as a ham.

      E.  your US state, Canadian province, or your dx country you sent.

      An example of a log entry follows

      55 w3lpl

      60

      Pa.

      8.  at the end of the log, put the total number of qsos you worked

      So, it would say something like, total number of qsos is 5432

      9.  your full name, your mailing address, and phone number with area code, so I can contact you if I can’t get through via email, to tell you if you won the contest, and give you your choice of what kind of an award you want, or, if you didn’t win, to tell you where you placed in the contest.

      deadline date for submitting logs: February 1, 2010.

      email address to send logs to: wd8oep2464(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

      Will print logs be accepted? Yes, but only done on a printer, not hand written.

      The reason I’m being very specific about logs is, I’m blind and can only read plain text files, or files printed out on a printer through my scanner.

      address for sending print logs to: Harry Brown

      2631 Krafft Rd

      Apt 211

      Port Huron, Mi. 48060

      The top winner will receive his/her choice of a very nice cq100 Sweepstakes first place trophy, metal, banner, plaque, coffee mug, pendant, patch, key chain, pin, or certificate!