Fw: We Have a Michigan PRB-1 Bill! HB # 5556

  • Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2009

      From: Len Todd
      Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 12:21 PM
      Subject: We Have a Michigan PRB-1 Bill! HB # 5556

      House Bill # 5556, the “Michigan Zoning Enabling Act,” was recently forwarded to House Committee. If passed, this Bill will help codify the aspects of PRB-1 into Michigan zoning laws.

      The Bill also includes a “height clause” (i.e. if we stay below the specified height, local governments are not allowed to challenge us except in unusual circumstances, etc.).  For more information and a link to the Bill, please take a moment to review the attached MI PRB-1 Project Status Report.

      There is a snag, with a Senate version of the Bill. We may need your help getting this Bill sponsored in the Senate.

      Now is the time to contact your Representatives to ask them to Co-Sponsor the Bill. Their contact information and a sample Contact Letter template can be found at http://www.prb1michigan.org/index.htm.

      If you wish to be removed from the Project’s mailing list, please send me an email stating such, and I will remove you from the list. Thanks.

      Len Todd, N8AGS

      MI PRB-1 Project Manager