Re: [MichiganFoxHunter] New member from Jackson area

  • Mike W8DER
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2013
      Hello Jim and welcome the MichiganFoxHunter Yahoo group.

      Tom and I really enjoyed talking to your club Thursday night.

      As far as fox hunting antennas, I would suggest making your own out of PCV pipe and the tape from a cheap tape measure.  You can find the plans on the www.michiganfoxhunter.com site or just Google "tape measure antenna plans".  The next step up would probably be the 3-element yagi for fox hunting from http://www.arrowantenna.com.  You probably wouldn't want the 5-element ArrowAntenna because it is a little heavy for hand-held operation.

      Your question on profile, there are two profiles.  One is under edit membership on our page.  (email, email address, frequency if emails, etc.  Several guys worm their call into their Yahoo username.  The other profile is at yahoo.com where you maintain your Yahoo account.  (and your can have multiple accounts.)

      Hope that helps and again welcome to the Yahoo group

      Mike Hill, W8DER

      On 3/22/2013 5:10 PM, jimkeesl wrote:

      Hi!
      Just joined following a great presentation at the Kalamazoo ARC last evening.

      I have an offset attenuator (Stan Briggs design) and HT but not a suitable antenna.

      There is some fox hunting in Jackson..I checked the "Members" but didn't recognize any Jackson hams.

      BTW, how do I change / add info to me in the members list for age, call, location, etc? I clicked "Edit Membership" but didn't find anything obvious to me. Is it my Yahoo profile??

      I'm retired from WKZO / WWMT in Kalamazoo, now living in northern Jackson county.

      73!