Somebody is going to have fun, Monroe County

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2012
      The Monroe County Radio Communications Association has released their
      schedule of Fox Hunts:

      http://nic-nac-project.org/~bcspro/

      Six hunts are planned, and, these are nice folks, and they are very
      good. Choose your weapons, er, antennas carefully.

      MCRCA 2012 Fox Hunt Schedule

      Hunt 1 May 26
      Hunt 2 June 9
      Hunt 3 July 14
      Hunt 4 August 11
      Hunt 5 September 8
      Hunt 6 October 13

      JOIN THE FUN !!!

      What: MCRCA Foxhunt
      When: Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
      Where: American Red Cross (where we have our monthly MCRCA meetings)
      1645 N Dixie Hwy
      Monroe, MI 48162-5231
      Who: MCRCA members, friends, family, curious onlookers, or anyone
      interested in foxhunting

      Equipment necessary: 2 meter radio set to 146.46 MHz (simplex)

      Advanced equipment could include (but not limited to – limited only by
      your imagination):
      Directional antenna
      Attenuator
      Map of Monroe County
      Compass
      Protractor and straight edge for drawing on the map

      Basic instructions:

      o We will start in the parking lot at the Red Cross where you will be
      given instructions for the foxhunt.
      o We will divide into teams in a random fashion.
      o Each team will be given a sealed envelope – make sure it stays sealed!!
      o Inside this envelope will be the location of where the fox is located.
      o Your job is to find the fox without reliance on these instructions.
      o If you open the envelope you will receive the same points as those who
      do not find the fox.
      o On the outside of the envelope, write the call signs of the member of
      your team.
      o Use the names of individuals who are not licensed.
      o Write the starting mileage on your vehicle to the nearest 1/10th of a
      mile.
      o If your odometer does not support 1/10th mile increments, use your
      trip odometer.
      o The fox will transmit on 146.46 at one minute intervals (1 minute on
      and one minute off)
      o Determine the direction of that transmission and find the location of
      the fox.
      o When you find the fox, record your ending mileage on the envelope (the
      one that is hopefully still sealed)
      o You will be given instructions for a place to go so others do not see
      you.
      o The team that finds the fox in the least amount of mileage is the
      winner – regardless of how long it takes (within the time limit of the
      hunt).
      o Points will be awarded to each member of the team as follows:

      Place Points

      1st-----------7 This team will be the fox at the next hunt
      2nd----------4
      4th and up----2
      The Fox------3

      o If you don’t find the fox by the end time of the hunt (12:00 pm) open
      the envelope and go to the fox.
      o Points awarded will be accumulated for the season contest.
      We are here to have fun. Be safe. Promote amateur radio to those who may
      not have their ticket yet.

      Hope to see you all there !!!