Re: [MichiganFoxHunter] Re: An 80 meter fox hunting 2W transmitter? Build it ourself?

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 10, 2011
      Agreed. We could start off using multiple 2 meter fox boxes, mixed
      with our mini-fox transmitters, and start in a modest sized park. Maybe
      set out 3 or 4 transmitters to start with, and maybe figure out a way to
      make it accessible and workable for everyone, like first to find all
      four, rather than see how many you can find in X minutes, or something
      like that, so that we could be more deliberate than hurried.

      =============== James - K8JHR ====================================

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 10, 2011
        I would propose a 2 meter hunt in the style of the 80 meter hunts to
        start off. We could locate 2 fox boxes and 2 mini fox transmitters and
        adjust the format to slow down the race, and emphasize the chances of
        finding the foxes. Perhaps set it up so the winner is the first to find
        all four, rather than see how many one can find in X minutes, trying to
        emphasize accuracy, and deliberation, as opposed to a race against time.

        I have not fully thought this out, but this is the drift we might take.

        ============= James - K8JHR ====================================

        On 12/10/2011 7:30 PM, K8TB wrote:
        > I myself would love to learn about the 80 meter hunts. But I've looked
        > all over for any decent 80 meter receiver kits. Seem hard to find. The
        > IARU type competition is very different from what we are used to. It
        > would be fun to try.
        >
        > tom bosscher k8tb

        ..

        .
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 10, 2011
          Sorry for the double posting... I thought I accidentally deleted my
          first post... but, apparently, not. I wondered where it went ...

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 11, 2011
            That's a good idea James.  Sounds like a lot of fun.  We have a fun summer coming!

            Mike@...