Re: [MichiganFoxHunter] Re: An 80 meter fox hunting 2W transmitter? Build it ourself?

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 10, 2011
      It may be time to discover the hand-held loop Gerry.  It rotates much easier at 55 mph.  :-)

      Mike

      On 12/10/2011 10:42 AM, Gerry Lerch wrote:

      Whoa! I'm going to need a bigger truck to haul around that handheld beam.

      Gerry ~ K8GGL

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 10, 2011
        I myself would love to learn about the 80 meter hunts. But I've looked
        all over for any decent 80 meter receiver kits. Seem hard to find. The
        IARU type competition is very different from what we are used to. It
        would be fun to try.

        tom bosscher k8tb
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 10, 2011
          Agreed. We could start off using multiple 2 meter fox boxes, mixed
          with our mini-fox transmitters, and start in a modest sized park. Maybe
          set out 3 or 4 transmitters to start with, and maybe figure out a way to
          make it accessible and workable for everyone, like first to find all
          four, rather than see how many you can find in X minutes, or something
          like that, so that we could be more deliberate than hurried.

          =============== James - K8JHR ====================================

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 10, 2011
            I would propose a 2 meter hunt in the style of the 80 meter hunts to
            start off. We could locate 2 fox boxes and 2 mini fox transmitters and
            adjust the format to slow down the race, and emphasize the chances of
            finding the foxes. Perhaps set it up so the winner is the first to find
            all four, rather than see how many one can find in X minutes, trying to
            emphasize accuracy, and deliberation, as opposed to a race against time.

            I have not fully thought this out, but this is the drift we might take.

            ============= James - K8JHR ====================================

            On 12/10/2011 7:30 PM, K8TB wrote:
            > I myself would love to learn about the 80 meter hunts. But I've looked
            > all over for any decent 80 meter receiver kits. Seem hard to find. The
            > IARU type competition is very different from what we are used to. It
            > would be fun to try.
            >
            > tom bosscher k8tb

            ..

            .
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 10, 2011
              Sorry for the double posting... I thought I accidentally deleted my
              first post... but, apparently, not. I wondered where it went ...

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 11, 2011
                That's a good idea James.  Sounds like a lot of fun.  We have a fun summer coming!

                Mike@...