Re: [MichiganFoxHunter] Petoskey Hunt?

  • Gerry Lerch
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2011

      I heard that Tom and Sheila took first, and another GR team took second, and a local ham from up there took third.

      Gerry ~ K8GGL

      On Nov 6, 2011 9:47 AM, "W8DER" <mike@...> wrote:

      Has anyone heard about the Petoskey Fox Hunt yet?

      I sure wish I could have gone.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2011
        It was a great day. The hosts were Dirk, KG8JK and Jerry KC8FAR.
        There were 3 teams competing. The shortest driving distance would be 2.8
        miles.

        With the shortest mileage was Sheila and Tom at 3.2 miles. But
        watch this, at 3.3 miles was the team of Bob-KD8HNF and Gerry-K8GGL.
        Jerry, KC8FAR had equipment problems, but ended up within 500 feet of
        the Robo-Fox.

        Keep in mind that after driving 180 miles, Bob and Gerry were less
        than 500 feet from taking first!

        We all had fun, and are looking forward to next year.

        Tom K8TB

        http://www.michiganbroadcasttowers.com/amateur/petdf/petdf.htm