Petoskey Hunt?

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2011
      Has anyone heard about the Petoskey Fox Hunt yet?

      I sure wish I could have gone.
    • CHARLES J NOWAK
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2011
        Not on the fox hunt but heard W8UPS talking that it didn't have a very large turn out. Tends to be the trend now days.

        Has anyone heard about the Petoskey Fox Hunt yet?

        I sure wish I could have gone.

      • Gerry Lerch
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2011

          I heard that Tom and Sheila took first, and another GR team took second, and a local ham from up there took third.

          Gerry ~ K8GGL

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2011
            It was a great day. The hosts were Dirk, KG8JK and Jerry KC8FAR.
            There were 3 teams competing. The shortest driving distance would be 2.8
            miles.

            With the shortest mileage was Sheila and Tom at 3.2 miles. But
            watch this, at 3.3 miles was the team of Bob-KD8HNF and Gerry-K8GGL.
            Jerry, KC8FAR had equipment problems, but ended up within 500 feet of
            the Robo-Fox.

            Keep in mind that after driving 180 miles, Bob and Gerry were less
            than 500 feet from taking first!

            We all had fun, and are looking forward to next year.

            Tom K8TB

            http://www.michiganbroadcasttowers.com/amateur/petdf/petdf.htm