Re: [MichiganFoxHunter] Kalamazoo Hamfest

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2011
      Thanks for the reminder Chip,  We had a great time at the Kalamazoo hamfest.

      I was especially interest in our discussions about getting foxhunting going again in Kazoo next year.  Maybe we could get an antenna build project going over the winter.

      We are also developing the concept of fox hunting "field days" where we use multiple milliwatt transmitters to train new hunters.  A "field day" operation might integrate well into one of your "LOSTeam" evenings in a park.

      Keep in touch,

      Mike@...

      http://www.MichiganFoxHunter.com

      On 10/15/2011 7:17 PM, wb8alw wrote:

      Greetings! Just a reminder that tomorrow is the Kalamazoo Hamfest, at the Kalamazoo County Expo and Fairgrounds. Doors open at 8 AM and tickets are $6.00. We hope to see you there!
      ( http://kalamazoohamfest.com/ )

      Also, on Thursday evening, October 20, 2011, Retired Major Patrick McPherson (WW9E), founder of the Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network (S.A.T.E.R.N. http://www.satern.org/ ) will make a presentation to members and guests of the Kalamazoo Amateur Radio Club. His presentation will begin at 7:00PM. The KARC meets at the Red Cross Building at 5640 Venture Ct.,in Kalamazoo.

      This should be an interesting and informative session. Plan to be there, and bring a guest, if you can!

      Chip
      WB8ALW
      http://w8vy.org/