Fox Hunt Practice Wednesday Evening, All hams invited.

  • 20WPMorBust
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28 9:44 PM
      We had a fantastic local fox hunting practice last Friday evening. Two of our local hams found the foxbox in the woods about 3 miles from the starting point. (McDonalds, next to Metro Hospital.) I was amazed at the the expertise of Chuck, AJ8W and also James, K8JHR in finding the fox in the woods. They used different antennas/radios as they approached the fox.

      Jim Leys, KD8CAN also found the foxbox in the woods as the shadows got longer Friday night.

      SO LET'S HAVE ANOTHER PRACTICE BEFORE THE HUNT AT THE IRA HAMFEST ON SATURDAY. AND LET'S BE SURE TO INVITE EVERYONE IN THE AREA.

      I would like to have a longer one this time. Chuck and James are getting pretty lucky in the 3 mile range. We all seem to need practice going from a longer hunt to the "end game" challenges.

      This practice hunt will start at the McDonalds in Byron Center on 84th Street. The practice will start at 6:30 next Wednesday (June 1) and will last until the last hunter locates the foxbox. This practice will be longer than the past practices. If we cannot copy the foxbox signal at the starting point, we will tell you which way to go.

      The foxbox will be chained to "something". The location will be in the public right-of-way or public property to the best of our knowledge. There is no parking lot that we can see, but you may want to turn-around in a private driveway from time-to-time. The foxbox location is deliberately selected to make you jump to the wrong conclusion during the "End Game." You will need to use your ham talents to the absolute end.

      This may be your last chance to practice before the IRA Hamfest.

      Email me with any questions.

      Mike, W8DER Michel@... 616 583-1909

      THIS PRACTICE WILL NOT FOLLOW MichiganFoxHunter.com rules. The foxbox will be in a public right-of-way, but