Mileage

  • larynl2
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2011
      While on the recent subject of rules and mileage initiated by our well-known and loved James, perhaps this is a good time to discuss the use of GPS units to determine mileage traveled. Y'all know that's what I have to use, since the dash odometer in my car does not work well much of the time. To avert a possible challenge on using GPS, should the wording be changed to allow such use?

      Just for the record, when I travel one mile east, then one mile north, according to commonly available blocks in open country, my GPS records 2.0 miles, not 1.4 miles.

      Capiche?

      Laryn K8TVZ
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2011
        Hi Laryn... no problem. The rules of the next hunt accommodate your
        situation and specifically mention GPS units. I am sure you can
        explain your system tracks actual mileage traveled, and not just mileage
        per map as the shortest distance. As long as it tracks where you
        actually went, then that should be sufficient. Sounds like yours does
        that... i.e., tracks your actual mileage for the trip.

        Clear as mud, eh?

        Happy Trails.