Re: [MichiganFoxHunter] Re: Fox hunt Timer

  • kc8pcj
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 15, 2010
      I have the timing using a 6.8K resistor for R1, a 2 meg of resistor on R2B and a 100 mf Cap and 0 resistance on R2A. The timer has a high output that turns on the relay for about .75 sec and is off for 4 min. Relay trips keyer memory 1 which plays a 1 min cw msg that I program into the keyer like the msg we used at last Muskegon hunt. Keyer output option "O") is set to stay on while msg is playing.

      I am making cable with same interface connectors that I use with my packet TNC. Will have one cable from keyer that will use TNC cable for the radio I choose. RS HTX242, Icom T90 or Yeasu ft8900 or 847.

      My TNC goes to a 5 pin din. The other cables adapt the 5-pin din to which ever radio I am using. I will post a picture of the test board with all the gator clip wires of the test version (ugly but works). Now that I know the values I need I will clean it up and put it in a box. All will be power by 12V and should fit with room to spare in my ammo can.

      I will try to create  schematic for this also.

      73s
      Jim
      KC8PCJ

      Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 9:26 AM
      Subject: [MichiganFoxHunter] Re: Fox hunt Timer

      Jim, Looks like you have an interesting idea there. I ordered a couple of K8EL keyers to give it a try also. Setting the keyers for a 60 second transmission would be just about right. Also that's an interesting collection of NE555 applications.

      Mike@...