"Tuesday Tuneup" for the Holland Fox Hunt -- Dust off those RDF skills.

  • Michel Hill
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2009
      "Tuesday Tune-up" for the Holland Fox Hunt -- Dust off those RDF skills.

      Here's an opportunity to get out that old radio direction finding (RDF) antenna
      and check it out before the Fox Hunt coming up on August 25th.  Please join us
      on Tuesday evening next to the McDonalds in Hudsonville (central location) for
      a checkout of your equipment and a practice hidden transmitter hunt.  New to
      hidden transmitter hunting?  Tom Bosscher and others will be there to answer
      any questions and to show you how before we start an easier, no pressure --
      but lots of fun, collaborative practice hunt.

      If you don't have RDF equipment to test, come anyway we will try real hard to
      get you a ride with other fox hunters.  The practice fox hunt will be
      collaborative, which means that teams are free to travel in packs and exchange
      information on the fox hunt frequency of 145.530.  Even Doppler antennas are
      allowed.  Everybody wins!

      There will be at least one or two extra "tape measure" antennas and attenuators.

      Where?  In the truck parking lot next to the McDonalds at I-196 exit 62 in
      Hudsonville.  (That's 32nd street to the locals.)  This is an easy location
      between Grand Rapids and Holland.

      When?  7:00 PM until dark.

      Talk-in will be on the Holland repeater of 147.060 Mhz, PL 94.8 Hz  and the
      fox hunt frequency of 145.530 Mhz.  BRING YOUR HT IF YOU HAVE ONE!

      Questions, post them here or email Mike@... or K8TB@...

      Tuesday, August 18th.  -- that's just a couple of days from now.
      Talk in on the Holland repeater or the fox hunt frequency of 145.530 Mhz.

      "TUNE-UP TUESDAY", May 18th at 7:00 PM   ----- Hudsonville McDonalds
      "THE FOX AND ONE OLD GUY" Fox Hunt, May 25th at 7:00 PM  ---- Holland ARC Clubhouse