Muskegon Fox Hunt Work Shop

  • kc8pcj
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2010
      It was a great day for a fox hunt here in Muskegon also. A little rain, then a little sun, but so much for the weather. It was still a great day for a fox hunt and work shop. First we had two people build tape measure yagi antennas. Than 15 people for a pot luck lunch with Hamburgers and hotdogs. After a bit to eat we set up a practice transmitter so everyone could test and try there equipment with a transmitter in a known location. After getting a little education in, then the real hunt.

      We had five vehicles with 8 operators, the fox Dave (KD8OCZ), hunt controller Jim (KC8PCJ) and Assistant controller Jeff (W8SWX)  to get things started. When it was all over Jim (K8JHR) & Chuck (AJ8W) took first spot with 9.5 miles. Mike (W8DER) & Jim (KD8CAN) took second place with 11.8 miles. Jack (K8CYV) took 3rd 13.1 miles. Jim (KD8DLQ 1st time hunter) 4th with 14.0 miles and shortest time by 38 min. Mark (K8MHZ) & Chuck (W8CCS) took fifth due to some equipment failures. After the hunt we all meet back at the MAARC club house and compared notes (shoot the breeze) and learned from each other. There were some people that just showed up for the lunch and stayed to visit for a while. The best possible score would have been 6.6 miles. If it had not been for the equipment issue I am sure Mark and Chuck would have been a force to be reckoned with Hope to see them hunting again in the near future.

      While the hunt was going on the Kids where outside the club house having a good time and the XYLs where inside having a good conversation (laughing at these guys running around with funny antennas) in the club house. It was a good time for everyone.

      Till we meet again

      73s
      Jim
      KC8PCJ

      If there is no Light at the end of the tunnel, Just march right down there and turn it on. but beware of the train.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 25, 2010
        Good Report – Good Program - Chuck and I had a great time and enjoyed
        the hunt. All-in-all you provided a well thought out and executed day
        of instruction, fellowship, and hunting. Good show, gentlemen.

        Happy Trails.