Sept 25 Battle Creek Fox Hunt...

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 25, 2010
      It was a gas. This was only the second hunt held by the SMARS W8DF
      club. And they did a great jpb. This was a collabrative hunt, with the
      hidden transmitter was really a hidden transmitter. I'm guessing there
      were about 6 cars in the hunt, and most cars showed up within 20 minutes
      of each other.
      There are some pictures on the Michigan Fox Hunter web site at:

      It is apparent that this is a very enthusiastic group, and they
      will be having more fun and more fox hunts in the future.
      As an added bonus, Sheila and I stopped at a McDonald's on the way out
      of town, and by coincidence, ACE DF'ers Larry, WB8R and Arnie, NS8T from
      Coldwater stopped in also. We all sat down and had a great time.

      Of interest to me was the gentleman who was using a TDOA antenna
      system. Very interesting antenna and cleverly built.

      Folks, plan on a state wide hunt this time next year, probably just
      north of Lansing. Michigan is getting ready.

      A special thank you to the SMARS group for the hunt and the
      hospitality.

      vy 73 de Sheila K8AJ and Tom K8TB
    • Larry
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 25, 2010
        You are correct....it was a great day for a fox hunt. The guys from BC did a great job and the hunt came off without a hitch. It was a real pleasure to meet up with Sheila and Tom and set down and do what hams do best: chew the fat! For those of you thate were not there today, be sure to put their next hunt on your calendar!

        Larry, WB8R

        --- In MichiganFoxHunter@yahoogroups.com, K8TB <k8tb@...> wrote:

        > It was a gas. This was only the second hunt held by the SMARS W8DF
        > club. And they did a great jpb. This was a collabrative hunt, with the
        > hidden transmitter was really a hidden transmitter. I'm guessing there
        > were about 6 cars in the hunt, and most cars showed up within 20 minutes
        > of each other.
        > There are some pictures on the Michigan Fox Hunter web site at:
        >
        > It is apparent that this is a very enthusiastic group, and they
        > will be having more fun and more fox hunts in the future.
        > As an added bonus, Sheila and I stopped at a McDonald's on the way out
        > of town, and by coincidence, ACE DF'ers Larry, WB8R and Arnie, NS8T from
        > Coldwater stopped in also. We all sat down and had a great time.
        >
        > Of interest to me was the gentleman who was using a TDOA antenna
        > system. Very interesting antenna and cleverly built.
        >
        > Folks, plan on a state wide hunt this time next year, probably just
        > north of Lansing. Michigan is getting ready.
        >
        > A special thank you to the SMARS group for the hunt and the
        > hospitality.
        >
        > vy 73 de Sheila K8AJ and Tom K8TB

      • kc8rqt
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 26, 2010
          Tom,

          You took some very nice photos of the fox hunt,thank you.
          It's always nice to see photos of an event like this when you just can't make it. It sure looks like all you guys had fun!

          Chris
          KC8RQT

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 26, 2010
            How many hunters (i.e. teams) were involved in the BC hunt this past
            weekend?

            Thanks.

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 27, 2010
              James,

                  I think there were 5 teams total. The Battle Creek crew is a lot like the Muskegon group. This was only their second club hunt. There are quite a few of them, they are smart, learning, and will taking names real soon.

                  Grand Rapids, Holland, Muskegon, Allegan, Battle Creek and Coldwater, and those over on that east side of the state. We have makings of a lot of good hunts.

                  tom bosscher K8TB

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 27, 2010
                Great - thanks for the uptake.