Muskegon Fox Hunt workshop & Hunt

  • kc8pcj@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2010
      Saturday September 25, Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council (MAARC) will be having a fox hunting work shop at our club house located at 2888 Scenic Drive, North Muskegon. This work shop will include a Lunch (see details below), a tape measure beam antenna building class, an experiment and learn time and a basic fox hunt.

      click link below for map.

      Details.

      Lunch will be at noon. Price is $4.00 per person, which will include Hamburgers, Hot Dogs and Potato salad. Please bring a dish to pass, another type of salad or desert and what ever tickles your fancy to share with others. Coke and Diet Coke will be available at club house for 50. cents a can.

      We need to know how many are coming for lunch.

      1:00 PM: A tape measure beam antenna building project. We are hoping to have 8-10 pre cut kits available. Price will be $5.00 per kit. 3 ft of RG-58 cable will be included in kit however the connector needed to attach to your radio is not included. If you wish a longer cable please bring your own.
      Again kit will not include the connector that you need for your radio please bring that with you.

      //////// KITS WILL BE AVAILABLE BY ADVANCE RESERVATION WITH RSVP AND AT THE CLUB HOUSE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS UNTIL THEY ARE GONE////////

      2:00 PM Experiment with any fox hunting equipment you wish to bring or the antenna you just made. Fox will be of known location for experimentation.

      3:00 PM Basic Fox hunt.

      4:45 PM meet back at club house for announcements of winners.

      This will be a fun Hunt to help learn how to fox hunt. Everyone is asked to bring what you have learned and share with others.

      Any Questions contact KC8PCJ@...

      73s
      Jim
      KC8PCJ