Re: Branch County ARC Fox Hunt

  • 20WPMorBust
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2010
      Larry,

      Your Collaborative fox hunt sounds like a lot of fun. We haven't tried one like that yet in the west Michigan area. However, we collectively have three or four fox boxes here now. Do you think it is practical to hunt more than one foxbox in the same evening? We are using byonics.com controllers, so we could turn on the next foxbox as we found the last.

      Your concept of having a "offending signal" is also very interesting. It can lead to the possibility of having two fox boxes appear to be talking to each other. Do you think that hounds could find two transmitters in an evening, or would we have to split into two team?

      For the collaborative hunt, did you use the fox frequency to communicate or did you use another frequency?

      I have noted September 25th on my calendar. Maybe I can get a team to come. Our next hunt in the Grand Rapids area is Wednesday September 15th near the Grand Valley State University campus at Allendale.

      Good to hear about such a great turnout!

      Mike Hill

      Mike@...