Fw: [BranchCountyARC] BCARC Fox Hunt Tuesday August 17

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2010

      From: Larry
      Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2010 6:03 PM
      Subject: [BranchCountyARC] BCARC Fox Hunt Tuesday August 17

      Greetings,

      On Tuesday, August 17, the BCARC is hosting our 2nd Fox Hunt of the summer season. This hunt will be a collaborative hunt, which means that all teams work together to find the Fox Box, coordinating our acivities on the 147.300(100Hz)repeater.

      This hunt will feature the Branch County debut of the club's new "Fox Box", which will feature 20 seconds of random tones and CW ID followed by 40 seconds of silence. The transmissions will loop every 60 seconds, so there will be 30 minutes of transmissions during the 1.5 hours allocated for the hunt. It is believed that the Fox will be transmitting at 2.5 watts on 147.550 MHz.

      We will meet at the 911 Center west of Coldwater. The hunt instructions will be given at 6:45 pm and the first transmission will be at 7:00 PM. The hunt will continue until everyone has found the Fox Box or time expires.

      After the hunt we will meet at the Dairy Queen to eat ice cream and swap lies about what great hunters we are (or how smart the fox is!).

      This is a great opportunity for veteran hunters as well as novices to get together to share information and techniques. If you have never hunted before but would like to see what all the fuss is about, there will be plenty of opportunities for 'ride alongs' with experienced hunters.

      C'mon out and see what all the fun is about!

      Questions? Email wb8r@....

      Larry, WB8R