IRA Hamfest Fox Hunt

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2010
      I want to thank Mike Hill, W8DER, and Tom Bosscher, K8TB, for putting
      on a swell FOX HUNT as part of the IRA (Independent Repeater Assn)
      Hamfest this past Saturday. They also put on a swell seminar on the
      topic before kicking off the official hunt. These guys have done a lot
      to promote the fun of finding hidden transmitters in West Michigan.

      I especially thank my partner, Charles Nowack, AJ8W, who has taught me a
      whole lot about radios, in general, and about fox hunting, in
      particular, and whose enthusiasm and encouragement is what motivated me
      to get involved in this aspect of ham radio.

      I especially admire Chuck's sense of fair play, camaraderie, esprit de
      corps, as he took time from his own fox hunting process to help another
      team make sure a home made antenna was working properly with their
      radio. Chuck and Mike made several homemade antennas so other guys
      could easily and quickly get involved in the "sport" of Fox Hunting.

      This fox hunting thing is taking off in West Michigan. I hope others
      will get involved.

      Happy trails. ---------------- James -K8JHR -----------------

    • larynl2
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2010
        --- In MichiganFoxHunter@yahoogroups.com, Richards <jruing@...> wrote:
        Yeah guys, good times!

        Thanx to Mike, Tom, Sheila and others for another fine hunt. I'll pick up some new tires for next hunt, and I am honing the edges of my beam as I type, so James/Chuck, WATCH it!

        Laryn K8TVZ

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2010
          Thanks, Laryn... Always a good hunt from you. It was pretty close
          after all.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2010
            gggggggrrrRRRRRRRRRRRR!

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 9, 2010
              Sheesh!
              Geeze, Chuck... he's back at it... so, we better look out !
              He is pretty cheesed off over this ! ;-)