PLaces to operate from

  • kt8td
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 16, 2012
      Ignore the previous message
      I stopped by HW Motor Homes,5390 Belleville Rd., Canton MI to see what renting
      an RV would cost. The answer was eye popping.

      $1295.00 per week and $250/day for additional
      100 miles free per day, then $0.25/ mile after 100
      Security deposit is $1000.00

      It is 31 ft. long and sleeps 8. Just a bit big for our enterprise.

      There was a used (1995) compact vehicle for sale at the bargain basement price
      of...$9995.00

      I did not rush to pull out my checkbook.

      He does have an 18' Fold-Down Tent Camper that I think my truck will pull for
      $365/week or $80.00 per day with a $250.00 security deposit. That I think I can
      handle.

      Thoughts -- anybody?

      73,
      Bruce KT8TD
    • Jim Lommel
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 18, 2012
        If I can get an electrical problem in my 5th wheel fixed, I could bring it along.

        Jim
        WD8RWI
      • Bruce Graham

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 19, 2012
            Bruce,

            At this time, I plan to spend the entire time period up north but you are welcome to a bunk if you want.  The trailer weighs about 9000 lbs wet so I don't know if your Ranger can handle it.  I kinda doubt it since I've never seen a vehicle smaller than a full sized P/U pulling one of these and since it's a fifth wheel you need a hitch that mounts in the bed.  I'm also planning at this time to bring along my 6250 W gnenerator if it will clear the trailer.  I've go to make some measurements.

            Jim
            WD8RWI
          • Bruce Graham