33Re: [Michigan-6M] Transceivers To Be Used

  • Bruce Graham
    Dec 21, 2012
      There are numerous possibilities including the use of portable generators.  Most rigs run on 13.8 VDC which can come from an AC power supply or Marine Deep Cycle Batteries.  One of those deep cycle batteries is good for about 10-12 hours at 100 W.

      I have two rigs that would be useable:
      1. IC-706
      2. K3/100
      I know Dan,KF6A wants to try MS/FSK441 and might want to have an amplifier, but we really have not discussed those particulars.

      73,
      Bruce KT8TD

      On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Jim Lommel <wd8rwi@...> wrote:

      It's probably a little early to be talking about hardware but I was wondering if any thought has been given to what equipment will be needed and if there is something I could help with.  All of my rigs need 120 VAC but I am looking at acquiring a small DC rig that I could use as a mobile.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a small 100 W all-band transceiver that might work.  I would prefer to find something used.  Any suggestions?

      Jim
      WD8RWI

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic