9577Re: Touch (SPOILERS)

  • gennawarner@bellsouth.net
    Jan 21, 2014

      > !

      I have to admit I put the book down a little over half way through not sure if I wanted to finish it. It was at the point where Longland was brought back into the story and I could just see Emma wanting to do that to Nathan. However, I picked it back and finished it. And I am glad that I did so.

      I am not sure about Nathan getting a body at the end either but at least its not Emma giving him that body.

      I am now once again hating the fact that I have to wait for the final book.

      --- In MICHELLEWEST@yahoogroups.com, Tchula Ripton <tchula@...> wrote:

      > !
      > !
      > !
      > Hello, everyone! I hope everyone has had a chance to pick up Touch,
      > either in hardcover, or ebook format.
      >
      > I have to say, I enjoyed this second installment a bit more than
      > Silence, even though there was not a lot of action (until the very end).
      > Heavily character driven, we got to see more of the psychology of
      > grief, and how people react to the loss of loved ones. Chase, in
      > particular, I find myself liking much more, since we found out more
      > about his tragic background.
      >
      > In addition, the interaction of Emma with her parents, and Michael with
      > his mother was interesting. Maybe it's because I'm a parent myself, but
      > I always enjoy those moments when a teenager begins to see her parent as
      > a person, with hopes and dreams, rather than just good ol' Mom or Dad.
      > I remember when it happened to me growing up, and it was nice to see
      > Emma confront this reality as her mother begins dating again.
      >
      > The lost child, Mark, and the relationship with his mother was an
      > interesting twist, very different from Drew and Maria's relationship.
      > Michael's questions and reactions were poignant to see.
      >
      > I'm not sure I like Nathan getting a flesh shell there at the end, but I
      > guess we'll see. Allison is right to be wary of Emma spending too much
      > time with Nathan's ghost, because she is still of the living and he is
      > dead. Also, I loved when Amy said of the Queen of the Dead: "Yeah,
      > she's got to go."
      >
      > (Is it just me or does Amy remind anyone of Cordelia from the
      > Buffy-verse? And Allison makes me think of Willow. Imo, this whole
      > series has a very "Buffy" feel to it, minus the vampires.)
      >
      > Well, I enjoyed it, and look forward to hearing everyone's
      > opinions/thoughts. Discuss away!
      >
      > Tchula

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic