9562Re: [MichelleWest] Cast in Sorrow (SPOILER THREAD)

  • Jennifer Poeschl
    Sep 5, 2013

      !
      !
      !

      Given that the familiar would have literally done anything Kaylin asked him to - before she limited him - I seriously doubt he's an elemental of Order.  Making lies out of True Words seems to be more an act of Chaos than Order, and he was perfectly willing to allow Kaylin to do this.  Allowing himself to be limited to a much smaller and weaker form is more of an act of Order, and again, he was perfectly willing to allow Kaylin to do that.  I think, like the other elementals, he has two sides, one which represents order, and one which represents Chaos.  As has been mentioned in previous books, all the other elementals are exactly like this - fire can burn down cities or warm a home.  Water can flood and destroy, or can keep living beings alive.  Even the Devourer has both sides - he can devour true words (and worlds), or he can act as a resting place for the other elementals.

      There might, somewhere, be an elemental of Order and an elemental of Chaos...but I don't believe the familiar is either of those.