Re: Midwest Messabout / Food / Trout

  • wwbaginski
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
      Max, I didn't catch myself the trouts I ate but I can recommend to
      buy them and rust them either on a camp grill or a home oven. As for
      messabouts here in Poland, who knows? Currently I know only 4
      "classic" boats (classics, I mean mentioned in Duckworksmagazine)to
      take a part. Campjon (me & partner), polepunt (me), green scow you
      probably know from the Vistula photo expedition report, designed and
      built by our friend Jacek Szelazek, and and someone's else Summer
      Breeze. The first three boats will be gathered in the same harbour all
      this summer, so it,s like a permanent messabout. But I,m sure lots of
      people here build their boats themselves, however these bots are
      mostly modern and made of resins. However, recently a few pioneer
      designers made their "instant boat" propositions.

      On the other hand, may be it,s an idea to envisage to "jump in" to
      Poland with a boat on a trailer from other European countries to sail
      on the last big European unregulated river (and support the idea of
      saving her unregulated)? Max and all the colleagues feel invited to do
      it (even with no boat and no passport).

      -Wojtek

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "vexatious2001" <cadbury112@e...> wrote:
      > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "wwbaginski" <wwbaginski@t...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hello Midwest-
      > >
      > > do you have a trout out there?
      >

      > No trout in this particular lake.
      >
      > There is a trout river about 70 miles
      > west of here (Meramec Springs.)
      >
      > Another one about 160 miles from here
      > (Bennett Springs)
      >
      > And a lake about 220 miles from here
      > that is known for trout (lake Taneycomo)
      >
      > Usuallly everyone is too busy palying with
      > the boats to spend much time fishing at these
      > messabouts, anyway.
      >
      > When are you going to have a messabout over there?
      >
      > I would consider going to a messabout in Poland
      > except that :
      >

      > 1) I don't have enough money to pay air fare
      >
      > 2) I don't think the airline would allow me to
      > "carry on" the AF4
      >
      > 3) I would have to get a passport and I think that
      > means I have to get "shots" (injections) and
      > I HATE needles !
      >

      > Keep in touch !
      >
      > Max
    • Chuck Leinweber
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
        Max:

        The smallest messabout I ever attended drew two boats and three people. We
        had a very good time, in spite of the small turnout. I am usually amazed at
        the number of people who show up at these things, though. If you have it in
        the same place and time each year, people will hear about it and after a few
        years, you will have a crowd. Yes, as you said, you just have to �jump in�.

        Let me know what date you decide on and I will post it in Duckworks.

        Chuck

        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
          Still no "word of honour promise" but it's looking better.

          My wife, the Lady Elaine, wants to go to London (Ontario) that weekend
          which could let me drop her off Friday and be at Rend Lake Saturday.

          My old '86 Chev pick up can make it in about 12 hours from London with
          or without a boat in the back.

          I hope I can make it. The last time I was trhere it was a real blast!

          Bruce Hector
        • robrohdeszudy
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
            Tons of trout here in Wisconsin. Too bad I'm no good at catching them!
            --Rob

            > > Hello Midwest-
            > >
            > > do you have a trout out there?
          • robrohdeszudy
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
              That's right on Wojtek. I think you have something worth promoting
              with the uniquely unimpounded Vistula. I think that if you get the
              word out people will start to make the trek from other parts of
              Europe. Let's face it, a natural river is very different from the
              canal cruising most of them are stuck with. Growing up on the lower
              Wisconsin, I never really realized how different it is until I
              started seeing more "commercial" rivers.
              --Rob

              --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Leinweber" <chuck@d...> wrote:
              > Max:
              >

              > The smallest messabout I ever attended drew two boats and three
              people. We
              > had a very good time, in spite of the small turnout. I am usually
              amazed at
              > the number of people who show up at these things, though. If you
              have it in
              > the same place and time each year, people will hear about it and
              after a few
              > years, you will have a crowd. Yes, as you said, you just have
              to "jump in".

              > Let me know what date you decide on and I will post it in Duckworks.
              >

              > Chuck
            • robrohdeszudy
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
                I hope you do! I'd love to meet you and I can't make it to Kingston
                this year, 'cause of the wife's work. Good luck!
                --Rob

                --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hector" <bruce_hector@h...>