Re: [Michalak] dinghy dolly

  • Bruce Hallman
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6 1:34 PM
      > trundle the boat down to the water. Anyone know of any simple dolly
      > plans I might look at? Thanks!
      > Pete

      http://hallman.org/dolly.gif

      I have had my eye on this dolly made of recycled bicycle wheels
      published years ago in that excellent magazine _Messing About
      In Boats_
    • PAUL DELORY
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7 5:44 AM
        Pete, the truly cheap way is the way to go.

        My suggestion is to fashion your own from a 2x4, 1/2 inch lug bolts and lawn
        mower wheels. Put the rig under the boat, withthe boat resting on the 2x4.
        Push it like a wheel barrow. I have been doing this with my brick for 2
        years.

        If you spurge on the wheels, you might spend $20.00.

        >From: "petersimmons55409" <petersimmons55409@...>
        >To: Michalak@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Michalak] dinghy dolly
        >Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 19:37:34 -0000
        >

        >Hi Guys
        >I'm refinishing and hope to get a lot of use out of a Bolger csd
        >pirogue I built a couple years ago. The trailer I was using went the
        >way of most cheap things I've bought (false economy is my middle name)
        >and so my plan is to build a truck rack for my ranger and a dolly to
        >trundle the boat down to the water. Anyone know of any simple dolly
        >plans I might look at? Thanks!
        >Pete

      • Bryant Owen
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7 8:07 AM
          I've been harvesting wheel assemblies from dead gas barbecues for this
          very use. Bigger wheels and often axles, brackets, etc.

          Bryant

          --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "PAUL DELORY" <PAULDELORY@H...> wrote:
          > Pete, the truly cheap way is the way to go.
          >
          > My suggestion is to fashion your own from a 2x4, 1/2 inch lug bolts
          and lawn
          > mower wheels. Put the rig under the boat, withthe boat resting on
          the 2x4.
          > Push it like a wheel barrow. I have been doing this with my brick for 2
          > years.
          >
          > If you spurge on the wheels, you might spend $20.00.
        • robrohdeszudy
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 27 6:27 AM
            Check your library for "Build Your Own Carts and Wagons" by William
            Sullivan. It's got all you need to knwo for really nice AND cheap carts.
            --Rob

            --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "petersimmons55409"