Re: Toto internal glassing / Epoxy vs Fg Resin

  • buildboats
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 5:16 AM
      I can provide input on two current topics.

      On my Toto I did glass inside and out, mostly because I knew I would
      be car topping the boat about an hour to my nearest lake. I think it
      would have be fine with no inside taping for boating, but with
      strapped to my vehicle traveling at 65 mph I opted for the extra
      strength. At the same time I did not use epoxy. Mostly because
      fiberglass resin was the only available option for me at the time. I
      also used regular flour one buys in the grocery store to thicken. It
      was fine for the 3 years I used my Toto. I don't think that I would
      do it that way again with epoxy being available but it was a great
      inexpensive way to learn.

      Tom
      Trilars in progress www.buildboats.com

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, eric S <u23b_2311@y...> wrote:
      > I am just starting to glue up my Toto and I am
      > wondering if most Toto builders actually glass the
      > internal joints.
      >
      > Thank you
      >
      > eric s

      > http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Wayne Farris
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2 6:04 AM
        Just to add one more point of data: I glassed taped the seams inside
        and out on my Toto. I would think one side taping would be much
        weaker although perhaps strong enough as Chuck as found. In my case I
        probably sanded a little too much into the glass so I am glad I did
        both sides.