Successful launch of my balanced lug AF3

  • chrisbfeller
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2004
      Today was the first launch of my AF3. I believe this is the first one
      with the balanced lug rig Jim drew up for me. All went very well.
      There was no wind today but I did get about an hour with a 5 knot
      breeze. The boat sailed great! I was impressed with how close to the
      wind it sailed even though the wind was light and there were many
      large power boat wakes. I was also impressed with how well it tacked.
      I want to thank the group for all of the help I have gotten along the
      way through responses to my questions but probably more from answers
      to questions from others in the archives. I did not get a chance to
      take any pictures today due to the fact that I was alone. I will take
      some more this weekend and post them in Michalak_Boats_Photos_Only_2
      in the files section in the Chris's AF3 directory with my other photos.

      Chris
    • Rick Bedard
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2004
        Congrats!

        And yes, please do take & post those pics...

        Rick

        chrisbfeller <chrisbfeller@...> wrote:

        Today was the first launch of my AF3. I believe this is the first one
        with the balanced lug rig Jim drew up for me. All went very well.

        <snip>

        I will take
        some more this weekend and post them in Michalak_Boats_Photos_Only_2
        in the files section in the Chris's AF3 directory with my other photos.

        Chris

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • eric S
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2004
          Chris

          I saw the last construction photos and the boat is
          very nice.

          Congratulations on the launch. Have fun

          eric

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail