Re: [Michalak] Re: Re: walnut oil for handles

  • Brian Beattie
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 29, 2004
      On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 22:29, sctree wrote:

      > Back to boatbuilding again... I've read many warnings against using
      > black walnut lumber on or in a boat... something about bad luck... Has
      > anyone out there proven this to be a myth? Or maybe I should ask has
      > anyone's black walnut containing boat come to any harm?

      There was this one guy, I'll ask him. You know, I have not seen him in
      a while...
      --
      Brian Beattie | Experienced kernel hacker/embedded systems
      beattie@... | programmer, direct or contract, short or

      "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
      It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto

    • vectorges@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1 4:55 AM
        From the hulls. They have a canvas like texture on the outside, and really
        pithy inside. Kind of like a half inch thick orange rind. When they get ripe the
        hull actually drips a dark brown goo.