Re: G'day , Intro

  • Steve Bosquette
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hi Dave
      I did not run the cabin design by Jim. When I communicated with him
      before buying the plans I was asking about a larger version say 25 or
      28 feet and he was not encouraging about that. I did not pursue it
      further. The Grande does what I need done.

      Steve Bosquette

      > Steve if your there , did you run it by Jim Michalak about changing
      > the design before you started building and if so what did he say
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > David W
    • David & Shirley Wallace
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 4, 2004
        Pat

        Given that I don't want or need planing , and displacement is what I really need , a bit more weight is fine , The Redwing 18 had a draught of 12" and the 21 a draught of 16" , the places I want to go will be fine with that , all I really want is a boat that will fit my wife and my self for a week or two at a time , I don't really want it to be a camping boat , I want it to be a little more than that , I want some thing set up with a bed [ long enough for me ] a porta - potti , galley and room to put up a temporary enclosed area for a shower , on deck is fine , enough room to move around on deck to fish and crab , slow is fine , the most unprotected place I want to go is the Whitsunday islands , and I'm not real sure I want to go there any more as the place is a circus now days

        Any one have any idea as to what sort of a keel on the AF4G ? Will extra weight low add to the stability ?

        Any one know of a easily home made fully opening window suitable for the AF4G ? Where I am and where I'll be taking the boat is rather warm and I'll need plenty of air flow but I'll also need to screen for insects , where I'll be is full of mosquitos and sandflies

        I'd also like to mount permanent water storage tanks

        Yeah , I know I'm redesigning the wheel but I need to work out if the AF4G is the boat for me or should I be looking at the Redwing 21 or 23 or maybe the Hercules http://www.glen-l.com/designs/cruiser/hercules.html

        David Wallace
        `