Re: [Michalak] (unknown)

  • Luke S
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2003
      Congratulations Wojtek.

      Luke S.
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "wwbaginski" <citystudio@...>
      To: <Michalak@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 12:52 AM
      Subject: [Michalak] (unknown)

      > HI MICHALAKERS-
      >
      > Just to say many many thanks to all of you helping and roofing for
      > my project. Campjon has been launched, and made her first circle in
      > port basin and first river cruising, ignoring short but heavy rain.
      > Everything is fine. Vistula waters are so low nowadays that we were
      > sure we are prisoned in port, but campjon's draught is perfect for
      > that kind of waters. The outboard was 3hp 2 stroke Yamaha, the crew
      > was 3 men. As you can see on photos there is enough space for 2
      > people either in cabin, or in cockpit. Two persons can pass each
      > other in walkway with no problem. 3 hp powered the boat very easy,
      > and circulation was incredible small.
      >
      > I'm going to post a bigger story to Chuck Leinweber soon, hoping he
      > would publish it at Duckworks, the "daily source of informations".
      > There are some informations there you have already red on our list,
      > and a few new ones. There are also some pictures from launch day and
      > river cruising posted to Files section of our list.
      >
      > SEE YOU NEXT BOAT. Looking at Vistula I'm almost sure it would be
      > Polepunt (no kidding, we are interested in that boat seriously).
      >
      > -Wojtek

    • jhargrovewright2
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2009
        John Boy,
        I have enjoyed these calculators and..all in one site. Fun to play with.
        Thanks.
        johninbastrop

        On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 18:36:30 -0800 (PST) John Huft <t1ro2003@...>
        writes:

        Here's the link to the US Sailing website that has some cool calculators
        like sail area/displacement and a bunch of others
        http://www.sailingusa.info/cal__sad_ratio.htm
        Check it out.
        John Boy

      • john colley
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 7, 2013
          i never open these.Was it spam?

          -Sigurd Olson

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2013
            I just delete these without opening them. IF they are genuine I feel the
            sender will re-send with a Subject line and explanation.

            Nels (C0-moderator)

            --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, john colley wrote:

            > i never open these.Was it spam?

            > "There is magic in the feel of a paddle and the movement of a canoe, a
            magic compounded of distance, adventure, solitude, and peace."
            > -Sigurd Olson

          • Andre
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 25, 2013
              Hi Gustavo ,

              Reading your message occured to me that Frolic2 might be an option.

              Good luck on your search

              Andre

              Gustavo Tabakian <pacificperlas@...> escreveu:

              Thanks Mark.
              I know this kind of boats is very related to doryes and also sharpies and flat iron. But being the garboard very narrow and the boat so light results in a U shape I think closer to the currach in sailing abilityes. Is very similar to the  Gardner's semi dory o that surf dory of Bolger too. I think Michalak's multichines are a new kind of boat with more capabiltyes than predecesors if sailed in their own limits. And in the budget the aesthetics can be very improved for each one.
              I seen the boats you suggested and I love that Caroline: looks like a Dorado wider for low power, and more interesting the bow is more conservative and better in most conditions others than full planning.
              The speed is not limitated in this design by hull length? If is, it  will sail at seven or six knots maximum while Dorado with same engine will go much faster. Also I read some toughts of Michalak in design a wider Dorado and do the tests in the software- if he does will result a similar boat. Is the same of streighten the buttocks of Caroline with the advantage of this last one in having a motorwell and a nicer bow to me.
              I still interested in confort but in a compromise with speed and petrol efficience.
              I'm in Uruguay fellow. Here the Rio de la Plata is hard cause the small chop -specially in summer the water is boiling- and fast weather changes the whole year. If I go to the east I take the ocean and if going to west I can go into a very big rivers system. Materials here are doble or triple expensive than in USA and, also the engine and petrol still at seven dollars the american gallon. So a boat is a big investiment and I thought in an alternative small sail and an alternative sculling oar just for ideal conditions to save petrol and also to extend cruising range.