Re: mayfly

  • amyers49
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
      It's a 15' sailboat. I would like to build it,but think
      it would be better to start with something lighter, which
      would be easier to cartop.I like the design of the Mayfly,
      but am not married to it. I just was trying to avoid the
      added expense of purchasing more plans.

      Alan
    • egiajack
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
        > I just was trying to avoid the
        > added expense of purchasing more plans.

        Cough it up Alan! Michalak's plans are about as cheap as they come.
        Take a look at what other designers charge and you'll see what a
        treasure we have here with Mr. Jim (and mum's the word...we don't
        want him to realize it and starting charging more like his
        mentor...). And besides, if you don't have at least 5 plans for one
        boat built, then you're just not a card-carrying member of this boat-
        building addiction thing.

        Hrumph.

        Jack
      • Gene T
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
          Five to one!!! Wow, almost hit it exactly! They do make interesting reading and it does take some time to settle on the type of boat that one "needs". I am amazed at the variation in boat size and function I considered before diving into the first one.

          Gene T.
          Cough it up Alan! Michalak's plans are about as cheap as they come.
          Take a look at what other designers charge and you'll see what a
          treasure we have here with Mr. Jim (and mum's the word...we don't
          want him to realize it and starting charging more like his
          mentor...). And besides, if you don't have at least 5 plans for one
          boat built, then you're just not a card-carrying member of this boat-
          building addiction thing.

          Hrumph.

          Jack

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor