Uploaded AF4B photos

  • ozboater
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2002
      Hi group,

      Bruce Given did a fabulous job on his AF4B. He got JM to re-design
      AF4 to fit his garage.

      Bruce figured out some wonderful touches to his boat, hence some of
      the detail shots. I will be incorporating these ideas in my own AF4
      that I started 18 months ago (life and other boats and a Ducati 900ss
      are to blame for its unfinished state).

      The gimballed propane stove attached to the companionway drop board
      is great. When you are locked down in the cabin, if the board is
      reversed, the stove is inside with you.

      Nice oar storage on cabin top.

      Plenty of space in the anchor well - neat job too.

      Different tops for different conditions. Bruce made the soft top from
      a 505 sail (broke his heart to cut it up!). Hard top for trailing.

      Great solution for the nav lights, and works with the covers in place.

      Bruce reports 6 to 6.7 mph at cruising throttle (about 2/3 open) and
      up to 8 mph wide open with the Honda 5 hp. He feels this is the
      smallest motor for the boat.

      Bruce reports "We have been having long spells of record-setting mild
      weather and I have had numerous overnight adventures in the AF4B and
      she's a delightful camping boat and just exactly what I have wanted."

      Well done Bruce - a really neat job, with great finishing touches.

      Regards,
      Ashley