Re: [Michalak] Jukebox2

  • Chuck Leinweber
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5 2:49 PM
      > Does anyone know if a Jukebox2 has been built?
      >
      > Bill Paxton

      I've been sorely tempted to, Bill. For some reason, I really like that
      boat. Do it! You could be the first.

      Chuck
    • sctree
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5 5:21 PM
        Been thinking it could be my "next" build...

        Anyone know how much ply goes into her?
        1200 lbs. less 300 lbs. ballast is still a lot of lumber.

        Rick Bedard

        --- In Michalak@y..., "paxton_consulting" <Bill@P...> wrote:
        > Does anyone know if a Jukebox2 has been built?
        >
        > Bill Paxton
        > Minneapolis
      • vexatious2001
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5 7:39 PM
          --- In Michalak@y..., "sctree" <sctree@d...> wrote:
          > Been thinking it could be my "next" build...
          >
          > Anyone know how much ply goes into her?
          > 1200 lbs. less 300 lbs. ballast is still a lot of lumber.
          >
          > Rick Bedard

          Since we here at the Michalak Group "aims ta please,"
          I dug my copies of the Juke Box 2 plans out of my
          "archives" (big pile of crap downstairs that my wife
          is threatening to throw out if I don't clean it up.)

          I am counting this up as I type; looks like about
          10 sheets of 1/2"; about 7 sheets of 1/4"; and 2 sheets of
          3/8" Of course, I am lousy at math, but that should be
          within a sheet or two.

          This is a pretty hefty and big boat. By the way, the
          drawings show a choice of one mast with lug sail, or
          two masts with lug sails (ketchooner rig, he calls it.)

          Max
        • paxton_consulting
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 7 6:38 AM
            Thanks for that info, Max. I knew it had to be about the same amount
            of plywood as the Jewelbox, since their hulls are so similar.

            Bill Paxton

            --- In Michalak@y..., "vexatious2001" <cadbury@s...> wrote:
            > --- In Michalak@y..., "sctree" <sctree@d...> wrote:
            > > Been thinking it could be my "next" build...
            > >
            > > Anyone know how much ply goes into her?
            > > 1200 lbs. less 300 lbs. ballast is still a lot of lumber.
            > >
            > > Rick Bedard
            >

            > Since we here at the Michalak Group "aims ta please,"
            > I dug my copies of the Juke Box 2 plans out of my
            > "archives" (big pile of crap downstairs that my wife
            > is threatening to throw out if I don't clean it up.)
            >
            > I am counting this up as I type; looks like about
            > 10 sheets of 1/2"; about 7 sheets of 1/4"; and 2 sheets of
            > 3/8" Of course, I am lousy at math, but that should be
            > within a sheet or two.
            >
            > This is a pretty hefty and big boat. By the way, the
            > drawings show a choice of one mast with lug sail, or
            > two masts with lug sails (ketchooner rig, he calls it.)
            >

            > Max
          • Eugene Dixon
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 22, 2010
              Hi All would like to correspond with person who posted photos of Jukebos2 in revolveing jig, posted Dec.2006 "s4a9m8" , no longer showing in members list;
              Eugene
              Port of Catoosa Oklahoma