Mayfly 14 Mast length?

  • dtr1974
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2014
      I can't seem to make out what the proper length of the Mayfly 14 mast is, I'm building from Jim's book and its unclear as the rake was altered (which I used) can anyone clarify the exact length?

      Thanks
      Doug
    • daniel brown
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 12, 2014

        if you aren't sure, make it longer. a boom banging your head while rowing is 'annoying' (aargh). i'd add a couple or more of inches. you can always cut it shorter if you want to later...

        To: Michalak@yahoogroups.com
        From: dougreuter@...
        Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 06:03:35 -0700
        Subject: [Michalak] Mayfly 14 Mast length?

        I can't seem to make out what the proper length of the Mayfly 14 mast is, I'm building from Jim's book and its unclear as the rake was altered (which I used) can anyone clarify the exact length?

        Thanks
        Doug

      • tsgosnell
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 16, 2014