Philsboat Camping

  • creditscorenz
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2014
      Been on another three night / four day boat camping trip on Lake Manapouri in the south of the South Island.  What sailing wind we had was always on the nose, so it was motoring the whole way.

      Made up a video on YouTube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOQUpeD3D9I ) which is more scenery than boating, but is better than nothing, I guess?

      Cheers,

      Rob.
    • okiebobby@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2014
        Nice video Rob!  Very inspiring.  This year, after a lot design switching, I should on track to complete my boat, an IMB.  VIdeos like yours help to fuel the dream.
      • creditscorenz
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12, 2014
          IMB and Philsboat are very similar.  I'd say you'll be able to do the same kind of boating as me.  I look forward to seeing photos and videos of you on the water.

          Sometimes I think a larger boat would be nice (I'm trying to get started on a Matt Layden Paradox which is slightly smaller, but way heavier than Philsboat) , but then it would be so much effort to get on the water, I'd never do it.  Philsboat, is so light, I trailer it all over the place and as a consequence do a lot more sailing than most.  I'd say you'll be just the same with IMB.  Can be tricky getting on the water though - so many people want to talk to you.  Seems a lot of wooden sailing boat people in NZ have seen my videos and they recognise me coming!

          Cheers,
          Rob.