Re: [Michalak] comparing scam pram and jewelbox designs for performance and accom

  • Anders Bjorklund
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2013
      This is timely. A visual love song to a well-designed, well-built, and well-sailed Scram Pram down under:

    • panache_fine_art
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2013

         What size outboard is recommended, I saw nothing in the plans? also if it should be a long or short shaft?

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2013

          Jim Suggests in his build book 1 HP for every 500 lb. of weight and you want some margin so as to not to have to run the OB wide open all the time or for wind and currents control. So if the weight is 1000 lb when loaded, I would want at least 3 HP. Also most  motors seldom put out the "advertised" power.

          Shaft-length depends on transom height and can be adjusted in most of Jim's designs that have a self-draining motor well. Again this is in his build book.

          Nels

          ---In michalak@yahoogroups.com, <panache_fine_art@...> wrote:

           What size outboard is recommended, I saw nothing in the plans? also if it should be a long or short shaft?

          ---In michalak@yahoogroups.com, <andersbjorklund5@...> wrote:

          This is timely. A visual love song to a well-designed, well-built, and well-sailed Scram Pram down under:

        • footstepfollower64
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 2, 2013
            Caught Ross's blog this am and tried to view the video. I get an error message that due to copyright issues it is blocked in this country?
          • David Calloway
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2013
              I do too.

              --
              David Calloway
            • joe_mapango

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 2, 2014

                  Nels,

                  no pm option with this blasted new neyaho...

                  We two have paddled in the stream,
                  from morning sun till dine;
                  But seas between us broad have roared
                  since auld lang syne.

                  not heard from out about the traps for a while -- Happy New Year Nels