Re: [Michalak] Re: Plan pricing survey

  • Hal Lynch
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 7:49 AM
      On Monday, March 31, 2003, at 08:24 PM, vexatious2001 wrote:

      >> A Rolex keeps the same time as a quartz Timex, but we all covet the
      >> Rolex.
      >>

      > Not me.
      >
      > I bought a Rolex from a guy in an overcoat on
      > a street corner at 2:00 am and the darn thing
      > quit running a week later.

      For the last 15 years I have been wearing a Casio that I found
      in the street with tire tracks on it. A little sanding to remove the
      scratches and all was well. Five bands and two batteries later it
      is still going strong.

      Obligatory boating content: The above watch likes to boat as
      much as I do and doesn't mind spending time under water.

      hal, the 'frugal'; wife says cheap.
    • David Mc Ilvaine
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 8:21 AM
        Vic wrote:

        ". . .working drawing need to be kept affordable
        because people like me want to evaluate a number of
        different designs before picking up hammer and saw."

        I agree. Before I build and commit time and work
        space to any project like this I want a better idea of
        what I am getting. More than once I have entered, to
        the best of my ability, the apparent lines of a
        drawing into the Hulls program to get an idea of what
        the boat really might look like.

        Sometimes the result is a bit of a mess because the
        dimensions cannot always be read on the web published
        plans. Printing the item out and then using a set of
        dividers to take off approximate dimensions is then
        required, but the results are still approximate. I
        would like to be able to buy study plans at a
        resonable price, and I am certainly willing to pay for
        the full set if I decide to build.

        Right now any bulding plans are on hold for this year
        as I want to sail what I already have.

        Dave, In Pennsylvania
        --- vicskiff <john.ewing@...> wrote:
        > At Jim's current prices, even allowing for
        > conversion from Canadian ...

        PS: I hope folks don't mind if I didn't quote the
        believe in saving bandwidth too!!

        http://platinum.yahoo.com