Re: Plan pricing survey

  • vexatious2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2003

      > A Rolex keeps the same time as a quartz Timex, but we all covet the
      > Rolex.

      Not me.

      I bought a Rolex from a guy in an overcoat on
      a street corner at 2:00 am and the darn thing
      quit running a week later.

      Max
    • Hal Lynch
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
        On Monday, March 31, 2003, at 08:24 PM, vexatious2001 wrote:

        >> A Rolex keeps the same time as a quartz Timex, but we all covet the
        >> Rolex.
        >>

        > Not me.
        >
        > I bought a Rolex from a guy in an overcoat on
        > a street corner at 2:00 am and the darn thing
        > quit running a week later.

        For the last 15 years I have been wearing a Casio that I found
        in the street with tire tracks on it. A little sanding to remove the
        scratches and all was well. Five bands and two batteries later it
        is still going strong.

        Obligatory boating content: The above watch likes to boat as
        much as I do and doesn't mind spending time under water.

        hal, the 'frugal'; wife says cheap.
      • David Mc Ilvaine
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
          Vic wrote:

          ". . .working drawing need to be kept affordable
          because people like me want to evaluate a number of
          different designs before picking up hammer and saw."

          I agree. Before I build and commit time and work
          space to any project like this I want a better idea of
          what I am getting. More than once I have entered, to
          the best of my ability, the apparent lines of a
          drawing into the Hulls program to get an idea of what
          the boat really might look like.

          Sometimes the result is a bit of a mess because the
          dimensions cannot always be read on the web published
          plans. Printing the item out and then using a set of
          dividers to take off approximate dimensions is then
          required, but the results are still approximate. I
          would like to be able to buy study plans at a
          resonable price, and I am certainly willing to pay for
          the full set if I decide to build.

          Right now any bulding plans are on hold for this year
          as I want to sail what I already have.

          Dave, In Pennsylvania
          --- vicskiff <john.ewing@...> wrote:
          > At Jim's current prices, even allowing for
          > conversion from Canadian ...

          PS: I hope folks don't mind if I didn't quote the
          believe in saving bandwidth too!!

          http://platinum.yahoo.com