Re: Has it been done?

  • ezchat33
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
      Thanks for the insights. It does seem hard to find a photo of someone
      actually steering from inside the cabin. Guess I'll have to bum a ride
      with someone in the Tampa area who has one before I commit...

    • Mark Albanese
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
        I do. Apart from sitting in the bilge as ballast and instead of sitting up
        on deck, sitting on a low cooler or ditty box helps the view forward quite
        a lot. To sense the wind in my face or to conn I direction I also spend a
        good deal of time up on my knees, which gets the eyes just above the cabin
        top.

        Combined with scrambling around on all fours at night this got a little
        hard on aging knees until covering the entire sole with the foam mats that
        come from HD or Harbor Freight. Much better!

        markA

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
          These are the mats lining the sole of my Jewelboxjr.
          http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-94635.html

          They are fitted, then just fastened with carpet tape in pairs down the
          center line so as to allow airing by propping up the edges.

          Thinking it is like Ethafoam, but wouldn't swear to it.

          The HF version has a nice, tight cross hatch grid . The HD is ovalplate.

          So much easier on the bones than bare wood, but then we also carry an
          inflatable bed as well.

        • ezchat33
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
            Thanks for the link. I'll file it away in my big box of ideas.