Re: [Michalak] Has it been done?

  • john colley
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
      Re.Sailing from in/outside the cabin.I for one prefer sailing from an open cockpit on side benches,rather than sitting on the floor of the cabin.

      -Sigurd Olson

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
        Thanks for the insights. It does seem hard to find a photo of someone
        actually steering from inside the cabin. Guess I'll have to bum a ride
        with someone in the Tampa area who has one before I commit...

      • Mark Albanese
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
          I do. Apart from sitting in the bilge as ballast and instead of sitting up
          on deck, sitting on a low cooler or ditty box helps the view forward quite
          a lot. To sense the wind in my face or to conn I direction I also spend a
          good deal of time up on my knees, which gets the eyes just above the cabin
          top.

          Combined with scrambling around on all fours at night this got a little
          hard on aging knees until covering the entire sole with the foam mats that
          come from HD or Harbor Freight. Much better!

          markA

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
            These are the mats lining the sole of my Jewelboxjr.
            http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-94635.html

            They are fitted, then just fastened with carpet tape in pairs down the
            center line so as to allow airing by propping up the edges.

            Thinking it is like Ethafoam, but wouldn't swear to it.

            The HF version has a nice, tight cross hatch grid . The HD is ovalplate.

            So much easier on the bones than bare wood, but then we also carry an
            inflatable bed as well.

          • ezchat33
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013
              Thanks for the link. I'll file it away in my big box of ideas.